top of page

This insurance policy is designed to meet the needs of homeowners who wish to protect themselves, their homes and their personal possessions against loss or damage when they have a business working in their home. Our policy is underwritten by Hiscox, which is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). 

In a crabshell:

The cover we provide dovetails neatly with your underlying domestic household policy on the understanding that:

1. Your underlying domestic household policy is unlikely to cover you for any loss or damage directly attributable to a 'paying guest.

2. Your underlying domestic household policy is likely to cover you for any loss or damage not attributable to the paying guest such as flood damage. But if they don’t, then we will.

While your home is let to a paying business we will insure the property shown in your schedule and your personal possessions against physical loss or damage which happens during the period of insurance. We will cover you against any claim for compensation which you legally have to pay, as owner or occupier of the home, including common parts and communal areas, following an accident in or about your home which happens during the period of insurance and causes bodily injury or physical damage to property.


We will also pay costs and expenses we agree to in advance to defend the claim.

Please get in touch if you need more information about our Insurance policy.

Hermit Insurance

bottom of page